Strategic Media Books announced the publication of Buccaneer: The Provocative Odyssey of Jack Reed, Adventurer, Drug Smuggler and Pilot Extraordinaire. Buccaneer is the exciting, true crime tale of the life and times of Jack Carlton Reed, an All-American boy turned drug smuggler, turned Robinson Crusoe, and then infamous prison inmate. For the first time, Jack Reed discloses his extraordinary tabooed journey as a high flying international cocaine smuggler and personal pilot for Carlos Lehder, partner to Pablo Escobar, the drug kingpin founder of the Medellin Cartel.
Reed flew drug runs for Lehder’s cocaine transport empire based at Norman's Cay, a tiny out island in the Bahamas. Having gained notoriety in the late 70s as a staging point for drug smuggling, Norman's Cay was immortalized in Blow, a motion picture starring Johnny Depp. Reed lands in court as Lehder’s co-defendant in the longest running drug trial in U.S. history. Despite the tempting opportunity offered by the prosecution, Reed refused to snitch on Lehder. As Reed explained, “I’m no G*d d***n rat! I’m a player. I’m a pirate. I’m a hedonist; and one hell of good smuggler, but I’m no rat!
The self-proclaimed hedonist co-authored this book with pilot/journalist MayCay Beeler, who would not only help record his life story, but would become a character in Reed's twist of fate ending. The book is the stunning account of Reed’s erotic and provocative life with an unforeseen storybook ending that will make readers believe in destiny.
Friday, May 09, 2014
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image