An investigation by The New York Times found that Rev. Al Sharpton owes more than $4.5 million in current state and federal taxes.
The figure includes taxes from Sharpton's personal income as well as from his for-profit company, Raw Talent and Revals Communications. Sharpton apparently owes more than $3 million in personal federal tax liens and $777,657 in state tax liens. Raw Talent and Revals Communications, meanwhile, owe another $717,329 in state and federal tax liens.
Sharpton's non-profit company, the National Action Network, has apparently underpaid the government federal taxes as well. The National Action Network's tax liability increased from $900,000 in 2003 to almost $1.9 million in 2006.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Al Sharpton Investigation Finds Millions in State and Federal Taxes owed by @TheRevAl, his non-profit company @NationalAction, and his for-profit company Raw Talent and Revals Communications
Related Stories Al Sharpton
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Abraham Kiswani, Owner of World Security Bureau, Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption