Marcus Valdespino, author of The White Boy Confessions: The Explosive Story of Marcus Valdespino and San Antonio's Hood, appears tonight on Crime Beat Radio
The White Boy Confessions is the powerful autobiography of Marcus Valdespino and deals with gang life and violence in San Antonio and such controversial subjects as race relations, poverty, and interracial crime. The first 29 years of Valdespino's was compelling and tragic. He witnessed his father's drug dealing to high profile people and Marcus, unfortunately followed in his footsteps. Valdespino's story shows the worst of humanity and is chilling in its depiction of sex and violence and heartfelt, poignant and sad in its betrayal of the rite of passage of a young person growing up in this world.
The White Boys Confessions is also extremely powerful in its social and political commentary. There are several layers of the story contained within it that are both frightening and humorous.
All of Valdespino's story - the bad and the ugly - is in The White Boy Confessions. It is a story of not just survival but also redemption.
Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program that airs every Thursday at 8 p.m. EST. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime. Guests have included ex-mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Abraham Kiswani, Owner of World Security Bureau, Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption