Former gangsters and G-Men will come face-to-face in Las Vegas once again — on decidedly more amicable terms — at the first-ever Mob Convention at Palace Station from Sept. 7-8.
The event, presented by former mobster Frank Cullotta and Las Vegas-based businessman Robert George Allen and sponsored by the Mob Attraction at the Tropicana, brings together former crime family members, lawmen, true-crime writers, historians and entertainers for two days of panel discussions, Q+A sessions, meet-and-greets, memorabilia auctions, vendors and more.
Featured guests include Cullotta (of the Chicago Outfit and Hole in the Wall Gang), Tony Montana (Chicago Outfit), Andrew DiDonato (Gambino Family), Frank Calabrese Jr. (Chicago Outfit), Kenji Gallo (Columbo Family), Dennis Arnoldy (FBI), Vito Colucci (law enforcement), Denny Griffin (law enforcement and author), Warren Hull (author), Gary Magnesen (FBI), Gary Jenkins (law enforcement), Ronald Fino (FBI/CIA) and Cathy Scott (author). More guests are to be announced.
“Las Vegas is the ideal city to host Mob-Con,” Allen said in a statement. “People are fascinated about the Mob and, without the Mob, Las Vegas would not be what it is today. Mob-Con is giving the general public unprecedented access to the individuals who were a part of this history.”
Registration for the conference is $195 and includes a 4-hour historical Mob tour of Las Vegas. Tickets can be purchased through the Mob-Con website.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics by Chris Christie