An FBI search team descended on a famous "haunted" Staten Island mansion, locating possible remains of 2005 mob hit victim and Bonanno associate Robert McKelvey, sources said.
Bonanno capo Gino Galestro is awaiting trial on charges of ordering the hit; mob underling Joseph "Joe Black" Young is accused of carrying out the murder.
It was the second search for the feds at the mansion, once owned by brick baron Balthazar Kreischer.
The feds arrived with a dozen vehicles, including a truck from a septic-tank repair company.
The bone fragments must now be tested to confirm they belonged to McKelvey.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics by Chris Christie