Judges and attorneys held a special ceremony on June 26th in US District Court in Chicago for prosecutor Mitchell Mars, who died just months after leading the government's landmark Operation Family Secrets case against the mob.
At the tribute, Mars was honored as a man dedicated to waging war on organized crime.
Mars died in February at age 55 after a battle against lung cancer.
A federal court jury in September returned guilty verdicts against Joseph "Joey the Clown" Lombardo and other top mobsters in the Family Secrets case involving 18 long unsolved organized crime murders.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics by Chris Christie