U.S. Attorney Kenneth A. Polite announced that a Superseding Indictment was returned charging members of a violent New Orleans street gang known as “the Young Melph Mafia” or “YMM” with violating federal racketeering statutes and committing five homicides as well as multiple violations of federal drug and firearm laws. The defendants include: JEFFERY WILSON, age 30; LIONEL ALLEN, a/k/a “Lot,” age 21; JAWAN FORTIA, a/k/a “Tittie” and “Wine,” age 22; DEDRICK KEELEN, a/k/a “Roy,” age 22;DELWIN McLAREN, a/k/a “Poo” and “Poo Stupid,” age 22; and BRYAN SCOTT, a/k/a “Killer,” age 21.
Based upon the ongoing investigation, these defendants, most of whom grew up in and around the former Melpomene Housing Development, engaged in high volume street level drug dealing over the course of several years. During the course of this investigation, it was also determined that the defendants connected to the Young Melph Mafia routinely carried firearms to protect themselves while engaged in distributing illegal narcotics.
ALLEN, KEELEN and FORTIA are facing a mandatory life sentence if convicted of committing a murder in furtherance of racketeering activity, in violation of Title 18, United States Code Section 1959. Attached is a summary of charges and penalties for all defendants.
Wednesday, September 02, 2015
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image