Illinois State Police (ISP) officials are investigating a shooting that occurred near the Shell gas station located at 55th and Wells, next to the Dan Ryan Expressway at 8:55 p.m., Saturday, February, 7, 2015.
An ISP trooper identified an occupied stolen vehicle at the Shell gas station through a license plate check. The trooper initiated a traffic stop in the parking lot of the Shell gas station. The trooper attempted to make contact with the sole occupant, the front seat passenger, a 17 year old male juvenile. The suspect passenger exited the stolen vehicle and fled the scene on foot. The trooper chased the suspect in a foot pursuit for approximately 1000ft north on Wells, during which time the suspect fired a single shot at the trooper. The trooper returned fire once. The suspect fell to the ground and was taken into custody by the trooper. The suspect's gun was recovered. No injuries were reported as a result of the gun fire.
The Cook County State's Attorney's Office was contacted and approved charges of Attempted Murder of a Police Officer, Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm, Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Criminal Trespass to a Vehicle and Aggravated Assault. The suspect was transported to Cook County Juvenile Detention and will appear for a bond hearing on Monday, February 9, 2015.
The identity of the driver of the stolen vehicle is still pending investigation.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Abraham Kiswani, Owner of World Security Bureau, Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption