U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) Top 15 Most Wanted fugitive Peter Castillo, wanted in Massachusetts for the killing of U.S. Army combat veteran Stephen Perez, was captured in the Dominican Republic. USMS Investigative Operations Division-International Investigations Branch (IOD-IIB) and Interpol Washington played a significant role in Castillo’s capture. Without the issuance of an Interpol Red Notice, and without inter-agency communication between Interpol Washington and Interpol Santo Domingo, Dominican authorities would not have taken Castillo into custody. Additionally, USMS/Interpol Washington coordinated the logistics surrounding Castillo’s overseas arrest, with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)-Office of International Affairs (OIA).
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Abraham Kiswani, Owner of World Security Bureau, Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption