Two alleged members of the Almighty Imperial Gangsters Nation have been indicted for their alleged roles in a 2007 murder in the Southern District of Florida.
Acting Assistant Attorney David A. O’Neil of the Criminal Division and Special Agent in Charge George L. Piro of the FBI’s Miami Field Office made the announcement.
The indictment returned by a federal grand jury on May 1, 2014, and unsealed in the Southern District of Florida charges Jose Herrera, aka “Spyro,” 27, and Leonel Carrera, aka “Leo,” 25, both of Miami, with murder in aid of racketeering activity. Herrera and Carrera were both arrested this morning.
The indictment alleges that Herrera and Carrera participated in the murder of Hockynson Sanchez, aka “Jaxx,” on Nov. 20, 2007, for the purpose of maintaining and increasing their position in the Almighty Imperial Gangsters Nation.
According to the indictment, the Almighty Imperial Gangsters Nation is a nationally known organized street gang that originated in the northwest side of Chicago and spread to other regions of the United States, including South Florida. Members and associates of the Almighty Imperial Gangers Nation allegedly engaged in acts of violence, including murder, attempted murder, aggravated battery and aggravated assault, as well as narcotics distribution and other criminal activities.
Monday, May 05, 2014
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics by Chris Christie