Aaron T. Ford, the Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Newark Field Office; William Fraher, the Acting Chief of Police of the Paterson Police Department; and Gary F. Giardina, the Chief of Police of the Clifton Police Department, announced the arrest of Hakim Lowery, 35, a fugitive and alleged ranking member of the Fruit Town Brims set of the Bloods street gang operating in Passaic County, principally in the town of Paterson, New Jersey.
Lowery is one of 28 members and associates of the Paterson Bloods named in a superseding indictment superseding indictment charges Lowery and others with distribution and possession with the intent to distribute heroin, “crack” cocaine, and powder cocaine. Three of the defendants were also charged with brandishing firearms in furtherance of drug trafficking activity and with being felons unlawfully in possession of firearms.
A number of the defendants were arrested in a weekend sweep in Paterson. As of Monday, Lowery was the only defendant who remained at large. The FBI, Paterson Police Department, and Clifton Police Departments continued their investigation and were able to locate and arrest Lowery on Tuesday evening in Paterson, New Jersey.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics by Chris Christie