- $3,100,000 in relatives pain and suffering
- $1,600,000 in lost wages
- $395,000 in criminal justice expenses
- $29,000 in medical care for the victim
- $11,000 in mental health treatment for relatives
- $9,000 in losses to the victim's employers
Sunday, January 06, 2013
The Dollar Cost of a Single Gun Death
Gun violence takes an economic toll as well as an emotional one. The Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation used 2010 data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to estimate the dollar cost of a single gun death. The amount exceeded $5.1 Million dollars!
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Abraham Kiswani, Owner of World Security Bureau, Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption