Sunday, December 16, 2012
Revolutionary War Newspapers Give Readers a Glimpse into The Boston Tea Party and Other Historic Events
December 16th marks the anniversary of The Boston Tea Party – an iconic political protest that marked a key turning point in the march toward American Revolution.
Readers can now experience these events as they were reported in newspapers throughout the colonies thanks to collector and author Todd Andrlik, and his new book, Reporting the Revolutionary War: Before It Was History, It Was News.
Andrlik has compiled one of the largest collections of newspapers published between 1763 and 1783. Reporting the Revolutionary War features a variety of article excerpts from The Boston Tea Party through the Battle of Bunker Hill along with essays by noted historians detailing newspapers’ historical impact on the American Revolution.
Related Stories Book Recommendations
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption