Sunday, November 29, 2009
The Other Chicago Mob: The True Story of Gary Cohen Man in Blue
The Other Chicago Mob the story of Officer Gary Cohen, a cop from 1966 to 1988. He and his brother officers were almost universally opportunists, crooks, and in some way on the take in a police department set up to facilitate dishonest activity. This is the story of a crooked cop in a dishonest system that is part of a dysfunctional city government. It describes a forty-year cover-up as Gary crosses the thin blue line and breaks the code of silence to set history right. The Other Chicago Mob is the police department, and the story explains how it works, names individuals, takes you on the streets and down in the subways in this never before told true police story. Walk the streets and alleys of Chicago and see what being a cop was really about.
Related Stories Book Recommendations
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image