James Van Der Beek has started talks to star in Vito Giambalvo's new crime drama The Fifth Mafia.
The Dawson's Creek actor is expected to play an FBI Agent whose life is ruined by the son of a murdered Mafia boss, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Already confirmed for the movie are Joe Mantegna, Armand Assante and Eric Balfour, who will play the son who runs into trouble with the FBI.
The script is based on a story by Philip Olsen. Shooting is expected to begin at the end of the month.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- THE OUTFIT'S GREATEST HITS
- Top Ten Signs a Mafia Boss is Nuts
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Top Ten Ways The Mafia Can Improve Its Image
- Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged with Extortion by Federal Prosecutors #Corruption