A Naperville man was charged in a federal indictment with obtaining citizenship or naturalization unlawfully, announced Michael J. Anderson, Special Agent in Charge of the Chicago Field Office of the FBI, and Zachary T. Fardon, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.
Lu Lin, 58, of the 4200 block of Colton Circle, Naperville, Illinois, was indicted Thursday on one count of 18 USC 1425(a), obtaining citizenship or naturalization unlawfully. Lin is scheduled to be arraigned on Jan. 21, 2016, at 9:30 a.m. in front of U.S. District Judge Edmund E. Chang.
According to the indictment, Lin, a Chinese citizen who became a naturalized United States citizen, reported on his application for naturalization he had never used any other names and had never been a member of or in any way associated with the Communist Party. Lin, however, had received an identification document containing his photograph but with the name Yung Yeung, the identity of which belonged to China’s Ministry of Public Security. Additionally, Lin was a member of the Chinese Communist Party from 1987 to 1997.
According to the indictment, Lin used the Ministry of Public Security identity to enter Hong Kong and obtain information which Lin provided to the Ministry of State Security. The Ministry of Public Security is China’s law enforcement agency and the national police force. The Ministry of State Security is China’s intelligence agency responsible for counter-intelligence, foreign intelligence, and political security.
Best of the Month!
- Living the high life without getting caught
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- The Ruthless Rise of Mobster Joey "The Clown" Lombardo
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Frank 'The German' Schweihs - "A Killer, That's All, A Killer of a Girl"
- Crazy Joey Gallo's Widow Reflects on being Married to the Mob
- Organized Crime, Led by Hells Angels, the Mafia, and Street Gangs, Dominates Towing Industry via Violence
- Mafia Leader's Wife and Sons Assaulted During Home Invasion, Arrests Made