Rumors of ties between the Kennedys and the Mafia go back to John F. Kennedy’s father, Joe Kennedy, who reportedly earned much of the family fortune as bootlegger and had connections to mobsters like Meyer Lansky. When JFK faced Hubert Humphrey in the Democratic primary in 1960, many claimed that the Kennedy clan called on their mob connections to ensure a favorable vote, and similar accusations were made during the presidential election against Richard Nixon, which Kennedy won by a slim margin.
Several theories tie JFK’s assassination to the Mafia. Jack Ruby, the man who murdered Lee Harvey Oswald (JFK’s accused assassin), was a known mob associate. One theory attributes motive to the Mafia through the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba. The Mafia reportedly hated that Cuba was in the hands of Fidel Castro, who had thrown them out of their lucrative Cuban casino businesses when he came to power. The invasion was an utter failure attributed by some to Kennedy’s refusal to approve air support.
Another theory points to JFK’s brother, Robert, whom JFK appointed to the position of attorney general after he was elected president. Once appointed, Robert Kennedy immediately began a Mafia crackdown. Robert also died from an assassin’s bullet.
Another rumor plays on suggestions that JFK kept several mistresses and girlfriends, some of whom were known to associate with mobsters. Some evidence, including federal wiretaps, shows that mobster Sam Giancana may have set JFK up with various women, all the while recording proof of the President’s extra-marital affairs. Conspiracy theorists have speculated that it was hit men sent by Giancana who murdered Marilyn Monroe, one of JFK’s supposed girlfriends. Giancana himself was murdered shortly before he was due to testify on the Mafia/Kennedy connections.
Thanks to Nicks Free Info
Deeply Discounted Books
- ► 2015 (213)
- ► 2014 (377)
- ► 2013 (257)
- ► 2012 (210)
- ► 2011 (202)
- ► 2010 (161)
- ► 2009 (416)
- Attorneys Disqualified from Organized Crime Bombin...
- Bonanno Crime Family Associate Convicted
- Rumors of the Kennedy Family's Ties to the Mafia
- Organized Crime Still Active in Las Vegas
- Bond Denied for Reputed Tampa Gambino James Cadica...
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Joins the Natio...
- Chicagoland Antique Advertising, Slot-Machine & Ju...
- Is Pope Benedict XVI on the Lam from the Mob?
- U.S. Seeks Nearly $4 Million in Restitution from F...
- Tough Guy Mobster Claims Jail is Torture, Begs Jud...
- Is "Joe the Plumber" Connected?
- Mobsters Support Federal Economic Stimulus Plan
- Halloween Midnight Madness at the National Museum ...
- Mob Strike Force Will Remain Intact to Confront Ga...
- "Donnie Brasco" Says Fughetaboutit to Testifying i...
- Frank "Lefty" Rosenthal - Las Vegas Casino Czar fo...
- Free Lecture on the South Jersey-Philadelphia Mob
- Relive the Roarin' Twenties in Al Capone Style in ...
- Top Mob Fighter Stepping Down from the Chicago Cri...
- Martin Scorsese to Direct Robert DeNiro as Mob Ass...
- The (redacted) Museum: The Las Vegas Museum of Org...
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2007 (599)
- ► 2006 (402)
- ► 2005 (156)