Featuring an exclusive 20 page interview with The Sopranos' creator David Chase, Dying to Belong: Gangster Movies in Hollywood and Hong Kong, sheds light on the often misunderstood gangster film by looking by looking at movies from Hollywood and Hong Kong over several decades.
From Little Caesar and The Godfather to The Sopranos, Martha Nochimson deftly illustrates the dark themes of dislocation and disorientation that define true gangster films.
Best of the Month!
- Living the high life without getting caught
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- The Ruthless Rise of Mobster Joey "The Clown" Lombardo
- Frank 'The German' Schweihs - "A Killer, That's All, A Killer of a Girl"
- Crazy Joey Gallo's Widow Reflects on being Married to the Mob
- Organized Crime, Led by Hells Angels, the Mafia, and Street Gangs, Dominates Towing Industry via Violence
- Mafia Leader's Wife and Sons Assaulted During Home Invasion, Arrests Made