Featuring an exclusive 20 page interview with The Sopranos' creator David Chase, Dying to Belong: Gangster Movies in Hollywood and Hong Kong, sheds light on the often misunderstood gangster film by looking by looking at movies from Hollywood and Hong Kong over several decades.
From Little Caesar and The Godfather to The Sopranos, Martha Nochimson deftly illustrates the dark themes of dislocation and disorientation that define true gangster films.
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Boston's Winter Hill Organization's Chain of Command
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- How Did Chicago became a Cultural Capital of Crime?
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920s
- Top 10: Gangsters