A New York mob boss allegedly forced Liza Minnelli's former manager to pay for a group of Mafia wives to go to Las Vegas, a federal jury was told.
The jury in the trial of Greg DePalma heard recordings made by federal agents that revealed DePalma forced Gary Labriola to use his American Express card to pay for the women's $12,000, eight-night stay at the Venetian Hotel -- then threatened him when some of the charges were rejected -- The New York Post reported Thursday.
"I'm with my friends now. I look like a (expletive) horse's ass," DePalma said in the recording made Oct. 21, 2003.
After DePalma threatened him, Labriola promised to take care of the bill. However, when notified two months later there was still an outstanding balance of $4,800 on the hotel's account, DePalma made a phone call -- again recorded -- saying if he had Labriola in his hands "I would strangle him." Labriola paid the remaining balance a short time later, the Post said.
DePalma, 74, is on trial for charges including extortion, loan sharking, assault and receiving stolen property.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Deeply Discounted Books
- ► 2015 (213)
- ► 2014 (377)
- ► 2013 (257)
- ► 2012 (210)
- ► 2011 (202)
- ► 2010 (161)
- ► 2009 (416)
- ► 2008 (355)
- ► 2007 (599)
- Capo "Convicts Himself"
- Jimmy Hoffa
- FBI Calls off Dig for Hoffa
- Congressman Questions Cost of Hoffa Search
- Donald Trump Connected to Chicago Mob?
- Reputed Capo recalls " A Few Nice Smashes" on Tape...
- DA Scoffs at "Mafia" Fed's Claim
- Gotti Jr. Indicted Again on Variety of Federal Cha...
- Alledged Mob Social Club: We Do a Lot of Good Thin...
- Did a Mob Boss Help Elect Richard J. Daley?
- Running a Union, Ruling the Alley
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Overheard: Jimmy Hoffa Dig Site
- Marketing Al Capone
- And the Oscar goes to ... Gregory DePalma?
- Mob Boss Threatens Liza Minnelli's Former Manager
- FBI Digs for Clues to Hoffa
- Michigan Farm Subject of Hoffa Search
- We're Not Mafia - Enron's Last Defense
- Mariah Carey Linked to Mafia
- Mob Rat on Stand at Trial of Jersey City 'Soldier'...
- Fraud Forum will Feature Former Mafia Kingpin
- Mob Murder Suggests Link to International Drug Rin...
- La Cosa Nostra Tough Guy-Turned-Witness follows th...
- Mob Museum in Las Vegas
- Book Club: Five Families: The Rise, Fall and Resur...
- After a Trial, the Tables Are Turned on a Defense ...
- Mop Cop Will Make Case for Poor Defense
- NY "Mafia" Firm is Closed
- Judge: Basis for Appeal in 'Mafia Cops' Trial
- Strippers + Golf + Police + The Chicago Mob = Laws...
- The Mafia Guide to Succeeding in Business
- 'Sopranos' in Trouble with the Law
- Mafia Cop Reportedly Can't Afford New Lawyer
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (156)