Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Mariah Carey Linked to Mafia
Pop beauty Mariah Carey allegedly dined with a New York gangster during her marriage to ex-husband Tommy Mottola, a former FBI agent claims.
Joaquin Manuel Garcia, who retired from the FBI in March, made the revelations as he testified in alleged mob boss Greg DePalma's racketeering trial in a Manhattan court room on Monday.
Garcia claims De Palma, 74, brought him into the mob and he secretly recorded conversations during his time with the criminal gang. During a recorded conversation, De Palma claims he enjoyed a series of dinners with the singer and her music mogul husband in the mid-1990s. De Palma described Carey as "very nice, very quiet, reserved".
When asked for comment by the New York Daily News, a spokesman for Mottola denied he had spent time with De Palma.
Related Stories Gregory DePalma
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- The Ruthless Rise of Mobster Joey "The Clown" Lombardo
- Chicago Crime Commission Honors Outstanding Crime Fighters
- Crazy Joey Gallo's Widow Reflects on being Married to the Mob
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Flashback: Prison Release of Betty Loren-Maltese Awakens Organized Crime Mystique of Cicero
- Mobster, Tony Spilotro, Fought Killers to Death