Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Mariah Carey Linked to Mafia
Pop beauty Mariah Carey allegedly dined with a New York gangster during her marriage to ex-husband Tommy Mottola, a former FBI agent claims.
Joaquin Manuel Garcia, who retired from the FBI in March, made the revelations as he testified in alleged mob boss Greg DePalma's racketeering trial in a Manhattan court room on Monday.
Garcia claims De Palma, 74, brought him into the mob and he secretly recorded conversations during his time with the criminal gang. During a recorded conversation, De Palma claims he enjoyed a series of dinners with the singer and her music mogul husband in the mid-1990s. De Palma described Carey as "very nice, very quiet, reserved".
When asked for comment by the New York Daily News, a spokesman for Mottola denied he had spent time with De Palma.
Related Stories Gregory DePalma
Deeply Discounted Books
- ► 2015 (182)
- ► 2014 (377)
- ► 2013 (260)
- ► 2012 (210)
- ► 2011 (208)
- ► 2010 (161)
- ► 2009 (416)
- ► 2008 (355)
- ► 2007 (603)
- Capo "Convicts Himself"
- Jimmy Hoffa
- FBI Calls off Dig for Hoffa
- Congressman Questions Cost of Hoffa Search
- Donald Trump Connected to Chicago Mob?
- Reputed Capo recalls " A Few Nice Smashes" on Tape...
- DA Scoffs at "Mafia" Fed's Claim
- Gotti Jr. Indicted Again on Variety of Federal Cha...
- Alledged Mob Social Club: We Do a Lot of Good Thin...
- Did a Mob Boss Help Elect Richard J. Daley?
- Running a Union, Ruling the Alley
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Overheard: Jimmy Hoffa Dig Site
- Marketing Al Capone
- And the Oscar goes to ... Gregory DePalma?
- Mob Boss Threatens Liza Minnelli's Former Manager
- FBI Digs for Clues to Hoffa
- Michigan Farm Subject of Hoffa Search
- We're Not Mafia - Enron's Last Defense
- Mariah Carey Linked to Mafia
- Mob Rat on Stand at Trial of Jersey City 'Soldier'...
- Fraud Forum will Feature Former Mafia Kingpin
- Mob Murder Suggests Link to International Drug Rin...
- La Cosa Nostra Tough Guy-Turned-Witness follows th...
- Mob Museum in Las Vegas
- Book Club: Five Families: The Rise, Fall and Resur...
- After a Trial, the Tables Are Turned on a Defense ...
- Mop Cop Will Make Case for Poor Defense
- NY "Mafia" Firm is Closed
- Judge: Basis for Appeal in 'Mafia Cops' Trial
- Strippers + Golf + Police + The Chicago Mob = Laws...
- The Mafia Guide to Succeeding in Business
- 'Sopranos' in Trouble with the Law
- Mafia Cop Reportedly Can't Afford New Lawyer
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (156)