Burl Barer, and Frank Girardot authors of Betrayal in Blue: The Shocking Memoir of the Scandal That Rocked the NYPD, will appear on Crime Beat Radio.
Betrayal in Blue: The Shocking Memoir of the Scandal That Rocked the NYPD, is the story of perhaps the biggest corruption scandal in New York City history. Ken Eurell and his partner Michael Dowd were the two cops who ran the most powerful gang in New York’s dangerous 75th Precinct, the crack cocaine capitol of 1980s America. They formed a lucrative alliance with Adam Diaz, the kingpin of an ever-expanding Dominican drug cartel. The police exploded into the headlines with the arrest of Eurell, Dowd and their fellow crooked cops.
Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program that airs every Thursday at 8 p.m. EST. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime. Guests have included ex-mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Protected Witness Testifies at Mob Trial
- The Ruthless Rise of Mobster Joey "The Clown" Lombardo
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Alledged Mob Social Club: We Do a Lot of Good Things
- Son of Scarface: A Memoir by the Grandson of Al Capone
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Legendary Don: Mysterious and powerful, Joe Bonanno Retreated to Tucson, but Violence Followed
- Living the high life without getting caught