“A riveting look at life inside a Mafia family.”—New York Times bestselling author George Anastasia
The Mafia Hit Man's Daughter.
The world called him a killer. She called him Dad . . .
“We were always worried. Always looking over our shoulders . . .”
Linda Scarpa had the best toys, the nicest clothes, and a close-knit family. Yet classmates avoided her; boys wouldn’t date her. Eventually she learned why: they were afraid of her father.
A made man in the Colombo crime family, Gregory Scarpa, Sr. was a stone-cold killer nicknamed the “Grim Reaper.” But to Linda, he was also a loving, devoted father who played video games with her for hours. In riveting detail, she reveals what it was like to grow up in the violent world of the mob and to come to grips with the truth about her father and the devastation he wrought.
“An amazing story of jealously, duplicity, hatred and betrayal.”—Sal Polisi, author of The Sinatra Club
“Touching, shocking, revealing—Linda Scarpa’s memoir is more than a mob book; it’s a family book.”—John Alite, subject of Gotti’s Rules
“An edge-of-your-seat page turner—jaw-dropping, raw, and real.”—Andrea Giovino, author of Divorced From the Mob
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- Teacher has Sex with Students, Then Threatens them with the Mafia
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- The Sinatra Club: My Life Inside the New York Mafia
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Legendary Don: Mysterious and powerful, Joe Bonanno Retreated to Tucson, but Violence Followed