In this fascinating and compelling book, DarkMarket: How Hackers Became the New Mafia, a must-read for anyone who owns a computer, Misha Glenny exposes our governments’ multi-billion-dollar war against an ever-morphing, super smart new breed of criminal: the hacker.
The benefits of living in a digital, globalized society are enormous; so too are the dangers. We bank online, shop online, date, learn, work, and live online, but have the institutions that keep us safe on the streets learned to protect us from the deadly “new mafia” of cybercriminals? To answer this question, Glenny offers a vivid examination of the rise of the criminal hacking website DarkMarket and its ultimate fall. Along the way, he presents alarming and illuminating stories about both the shadowy individuals behind its scenes and the organizations tasked with bringing them to justice.
Monday, December 28, 2015
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Frank 'The German' Schweihs - "A Killer, That's All, A Killer of a Girl"
- Top 10: Gangsters
- How Did Chicago became a Cultural Capital of Crime?
- Organized Crime, Led by Hells Angels, the Mafia, and Street Gangs, Dominates Towing Industry via Violence
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power