U.S. Attorney Kenneth A. Polite announced the return of a second superseding Indictment charging members of a violent Westbank gang associated with the Harvey Hustlers with violating federal drug and firearm laws, including multiple murders and shootings. A federal grand jury returned the second superseding Indictment against Harry Smoot, 30, Frankie Hookfin, 23, Ray Woodruff, 21, Andre Addison, a/k/a “Dooda,” 23, Lance Singleton, a/k/a “Life Taker,” 24, Terrance Kelley,a/k/a “Streets,” 28, Isaac Smith, a/k/a “Ike,” 21, Joequell Lewis, a/k/a “Blow,”27, Chris Brown,a/k/a “Ten,” 32, Richard Thomas, a/k/a “Stizzle,” 39, Terrell Wade, a/k/a “T-Dog,” 39, andClifford Sonnier a/k/a “Dut,” 25, all of Jefferson Parish. This Indictment is a product of an ongoing investigation into the violent acts in furtherance of the drug trafficking by this violent Westbank gang.
The second superseding Indictment charges all defendants with conspiracy to distribute more than one kilogram of heroin and over 280 grams of crack cocaine, six defendants with three counts of murder in furtherance of drug trafficking activities, four defendants with two counts of discharging firearms in furtherance of drug trafficking crimes, as well as multiple counts of other firearms violations. All defendants are presently in custody pending trial.
If convicted of any of the murders in furtherance of drug trafficking, the defendants will face a maximum sentence of life in prison, a $250,000 fine, and five years of supervised release. If convicted of any additional shootings in furtherance of drug trafficking, the defendants face a mandatory sentence of 10 years of imprisonment to be served consecutive with any other sentence, a $250,000 fine, and five years of supervised release. All defendants are facing 10 years to life, a $10,000,000 fine, and at least five years of supervised release if convicted of conspiracy to distribute heroin and cocaine.
Friday, February 20, 2015
Best of the Month!
- Living the high life without getting caught
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- The Ruthless Rise of Mobster Joey "The Clown" Lombardo
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Frank 'The German' Schweihs - "A Killer, That's All, A Killer of a Girl"
- Crazy Joey Gallo's Widow Reflects on being Married to the Mob
- Organized Crime, Led by Hells Angels, the Mafia, and Street Gangs, Dominates Towing Industry via Violence
- Mafia Leader's Wife and Sons Assaulted During Home Invasion, Arrests Made