Most Americans share the perception that the Supreme Court is objective, but Erwin Chemerinsky, one of the country’s leading constitutional lawyers, shows that this is nonsense and always has been. The Court is made up of fallible individuals who base decisions on their own biases. Today, the Roberts Court is promoting a conservative agenda under the guise of following a neutral methodology, but notorious decisions, such as Bush vs. Gore and United Citizens, are hardly recent exceptions. This devastating book details, case by case, how the Court has largely failed throughout American history at its most important tasks and at the most important times.
Only someone of Chemerinsky’s stature and breadth of knowledge could take on this controversial topic. Powerfully arguing for term limits for justices and a reassessment of the institution as a whole, The Case Against the Supreme Courtis a timely and important book that will be widely read and cited for decades to come.
Sunday, January 04, 2015
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- Teacher has Sex with Students, Then Threatens them with the Mafia
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Protected Witness, Sal Romano, Testifies at Mob Trial
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Legendary Don: Mysterious and powerful, Joe Bonanno Retreated to Tucson, but Violence Followed