Secrets of the Herrin Gangs tells the account of Ralph Johnson, an insider with the Shelton Gang who also worked with Charlie Birger at one time.
Originally published in newspapers across the country at the end of the Gang War during the Bloody Williamson years in January 1927, all 10 segments are compiled now for the first time in one volume.
In addition, Jon Musgrave reveals the mystery of Johnson’s true identity and his life of crime in the second half of the book.
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- Boston's Winter Hill Organization's Chain of Command
- How Did Chicago became a Cultural Capital of Crime?
- Top 10: Gangsters
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920s
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"