Assistant U.S. Atty. Mitchell Mars, who fought the Chicago Outfit and won, died of cancer shortly after his historic prosecution of the Family Secrets case and mob bosses. A scholarship has been established in his name.
Mars was a great public servant. In a state where public servants are too often all about serving themselves and their friends, Mars was one of the good guys who fought for the public interest against the Outfit and their political puppets.
In his memory, his federal law-enforcement colleagues have established the Mitchell A. Mars Foundation.
If you wish to donate to the foundation, which will fund a Chick Evans Scholarship, you may go to www.mitchmars.org for further instructions
Monday, September 22, 2008
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Frank 'The German' Schweihs - "A Killer, That's All, A Killer of a Girl"
- Top 10: Gangsters
- How Did Chicago became a Cultural Capital of Crime?
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- Boston's Winter Hill Organization's Chain of Command
- Organized Crime, Led by Hells Angels, the Mafia, and Street Gangs, Dominates Towing Industry via Violence
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"