Assistant U.S. Atty. Mitchell Mars, who fought the Chicago Outfit and won, died of cancer shortly after his historic prosecution of the Family Secrets case and mob bosses. A scholarship has been established in his name.
Mars was a great public servant. In a state where public servants are too often all about serving themselves and their friends, Mars was one of the good guys who fought for the public interest against the Outfit and their political puppets.
In his memory, his federal law-enforcement colleagues have established the Mitchell A. Mars Foundation.
If you wish to donate to the foundation, which will fund a Chick Evans Scholarship, you may go to www.mitchmars.org for further instructions
Monday, September 22, 2008
Best of the Month!
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Protected Witness Testifies at Mob Trial
- The Ruthless Rise of Mobster Joey "The Clown" Lombardo
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Alledged Mob Social Club: We Do a Lot of Good Things
- Son of Scarface: A Memoir by the Grandson of Al Capone
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Legendary Don: Mysterious and powerful, Joe Bonanno Retreated to Tucson, but Violence Followed
- Living the high life without getting caught