Tom Jones received Mafia protection when he relocated from his native Wales to America.
The singer, who has made his home in Los Angeles, confesses he was a little nervous of the gangster offer but now enjoys the fearsome security - even though it's totally unnecessary.
He says, "My manager was half expecting someone to come forward and want something. But that didn't happen, as far as I know."
"The only thing I used to get was, 'If anyone leans on you, you call.' But nobody leaned on me, so luckily I didn't have to call.
"They were protecting me, rather than wanting anything."
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Boston's Winter Hill Organization's Chain of Command
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- How Did Chicago became a Cultural Capital of Crime?
- One Family's Rise, A Century of Power
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920s
- Top 10: Gangsters