Tom Jones received Mafia protection when he relocated from his native Wales to America.
The singer, who has made his home in Los Angeles, confesses he was a little nervous of the gangster offer but now enjoys the fearsome security - even though it's totally unnecessary.
He says, "My manager was half expecting someone to come forward and want something. But that didn't happen, as far as I know."
"The only thing I used to get was, 'If anyone leans on you, you call.' But nobody leaned on me, so luckily I didn't have to call.
"They were protecting me, rather than wanting anything."
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Best of the Month!
- Top 10 Most Wanted True-Crime Movies
- Chicago Mob Infamous Locations Map
- The Brothershood Mob Squad
- Teacher has Sex with Students, Then Threatens them with the Mafia
- The Chicago Syndicate AKA "The Outfit"
- Profile: Harry Aleman
- Protected Witness, Sal Romano, Testifies at Mob Trial
- Mafia Links of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Firm with reputed mob ties flourishes
- Legendary Don: Mysterious and powerful, Joe Bonanno Retreated to Tucson, but Violence Followed